MANICURE MUSE: Karlie Kloss in Prada for British Vogue September ‘12
You may recall the Prada post I did a few months back. Well, it’s time for another, because the Fall ’12 collection is just too loud and fabulous to ignore. Plus, when Karlie Kloss is involved… game over. Models rarely get cover page real estate, let alone a September issue– and Karlie scored both (the Olympic gold medal of modeling). In the September issue of British Vogue photographed by Nick Knight, she models the season’s iconic printed dandy suits by A-list designers Miu Miu, Louis Vuitton, and, of course, Prada. For Fall, there’s no such thing as excess, so if you’re going to attempt this look you might as well embrace the ladyfingers with open arms.
Click here for nail colors and step-by-step instructions!
BRIDAL SERIES: Marchesa SP’13
Happy Bridal Season ladies! Every girl dreams of their big day, but it’s always seemed so far away… until a slew of engagements show up on your mini-feed to remind you that it’s closer than you think. It’s time to start planning every last detail, most importantly—in world of Miss Ladyfinger— The Manicure. I have had a lot of requests recently on what I’d suggest for a soon-to-be-bride who wants to stand out even more. Inspired by this breath-taking Marchesa gown from the SP’13 Bridal collection, you can keep the color traditional while still adding a touch of sophisticated flare. Marchesa proves that a dress doesn’t have to be ordinary with its cobweb-like detailing and crystal encrusted sleeves. It’s about time someone stepped in and changed up the French manicure.
To emulate this look, I used I Will! and Satin Sheets by L’Oreal, and Tuck Me In by Ginger+Liz.
To get these ladyfingers:
1. Tape the top portion of your nail
2. Paint the rest of the nail stark white
3. Add a layer of shimmery ivory on top
4. Once dry, remove the tape quickly
5. Using a dotter tool, dot three tiny rows of silver dots
6. With a nail art brush, connect the dots creating a diamond shape
7. Top it off with top coat and enjoy your big day!
A big congratulations to all who are recently engaged. <3
MANICURE MUSE: Just Cavalli Resort ‘13
ATTENTION: Wallflowers need not apply. The Just Cavalli Resort ‘13 collection is not for the timid and meek. This collection makes a bold statement with hot tropical and animal print in simple silhouettes. Clearly influenced by hip-hop culture it’s easy to close your eyes and picture M.I.A. rocking the neon cheetah bomber and revved up baseball hat. I love everything about this collection. It’s loud. It has attitude, and even more importantly, the options for nail art are endless. Although it was difficult to refrain from my own personal ladyfinger print explosion, I took a deep breath and chose this psychedelic body con dress to start.
To emulate this look, I used Carnaby Street by Nails Inc, Flying High by China Glaze and white, hot pink, blue, and black by Color Club Duo.
To get these ladyfingers:
1. Start with a full yellow nail
2. Using teal, paint the corners of your nail so the tip forms in the center
3. With a black nail art pen/brush paint vertical stripes down the yellow portion
4. Continue by making 2-3 diagonal lines along the teal
5. Layer strokes of color to create a feather-like effect (start with white, then blue, then pink, and finish with black)
6. Top it off with top coat